Highway 5, A5 or IONIA road is an under construction (along its biggest part) Highway, which has been constructed only along small sections. Its length is 196km.It starts from Patra City, near Rio, passes through Mesologi, Agrinio, Amfilochia, Arta cities and ends up to Ioannina City. There IONIA road connects to Egnatia Road. The section Antirio - Amfilochia Interchange is part of the European Highway 55 (E55) , while the section Amfilochia - Egnatia Road (Pedini Interchange) is part of the European Highway 951 (E951).
- Preliminary and Final Design of the Section between Ch. 152+450 and 168+800.
- Final Design for the connection of IONIA ROAD with Astakos: Section between Gouria Bridge and Platigiali (Ch. 7+2000 to 20+300)
In particular, the above mentioned studies include:
- Drainage Design of the Highway pavement (water collection inlets, drainage pipes, water collection pipes, central median channel, shallow ditches etc.)
- Culverts and External Ditches Design .
- Rehabilitation of the existing irrigation network (such as Lesini Irrigation Network and the Irrigation Network of the Zone 8 of Acheloos River Valley).